Online trainingLifeworks training empowers communities with low-cost, sustainable agricultural techniques that improve soil quality and boost crop yields
Lifeworks’ online training includes the same material used in our training seminars and that is proven to empower farmers to improve soil health and increase yields.
The pre-training preparation includes details of the resources we offer, the materials required during the training and guidance in preparing for the training.
The training follows a two day seminar structure that we have found effective to support new groups adopting these techniques.
We encourage you to contact Lifeworks to assign one of our trainers to support your group during and after your training.
Lifeworks’ trains farmers in microbial farming using 3 biofertilizers: 18 day hot compost, lactobacillus and fish hydrolysate. As a trainer, please familiarise yourself with Lifeworks technologies which you can find on the resources page of this website.
Our training preparation checklist includes guidance on venue requirements, the printed materials you will need and the ingredients required for the biofertilizer preparations.
We encourage you to prepare the venue, print and laminate the handout materials, and obtain supplies of the ingredients well in advance of the training date.
The training programme outlines the activities included in the two day training. You may wish to adjust this to suit your presentation requirements.
Handouts for training participants
We recommend providing each trainee with laminated copies of the illustrations below. These illustrations are useful both during the training and to support trainees when they use these techniques in the field after the seminar.
Training: Day 1
The first day of training comprises an introduction to microbial farming and how to make 18 day hot compost.
18-day hot compost
This compost method has a number of benefits including:
• Enhance self-sufficiency
• Increase yield
• Soil Health
• Carbon sequestration
• Free, sustainable & organic – Great environmental benefits
• Used worldwide – long track record
• Great economic payback & increased employment
• Food security
Training: Day 2
The second day of training comprises how to make fish hydrolysate biofertilizer, compost-making practice, discussion about seed germination with microbial farming and other best practice tips.
How To Make Lactobacillus serum
Latobacillus biofertilizer offers many benefits including:
- Improves yield
- Improves the quality of the crop
- Reduces the plant’s need for water
- Strengthens the plant’s self-defense system
- Biodegradable, non-aggressive organic fertilizer
- Does not destroy the soil Ph
How to make Fish Hydrolysate
Fish hydrolysate biofertilizer has a number of benefits including:
- Increases the yield of the plant and improves the quality of the crop
- Stimulates plant nutrition creating normal temperature and pressure conditions
- Effective in the off-season or during drought
- Allows the plant to make better use of water
- Fights effectively against worms and parasites present in the soil